Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

New Outfits, Picture Dump, and A Suspicion

Our daughter has always been alittle...  different.
She doesn't like to play with the other kids, unless they're being very active, like running in circles around the sofa.

At the park, she'd rather play in the dirt for nealy an hour than even look up at the other kids.




She used to call her Daddy "day-day". But since she was about a year and a half old, she no longer has a name for him, even though he's her favorite person.
She also likes to collect food instead of eat it, or collect things instead of use them.


And lord, the tantrums!
Despite reading books 1 - 3 times a day, she has a vocabulary of about 15 words, and would rather scream than use them.




Even though she's having such trouble, she's a very good girl.
We do have good days.




After two of years of suspicion, I got a book called Could It Be Autism? and hearing nothing but, "Wait and see", we took her to a new pediatrician. I had a list of about 20 things to tell her, expecting a fight. You see, we've on our fourth pediatrician. I guess Vegas doesn't take their doctors too seriously. So I got out my list and started reading. I got to number 3, and she stopped me, and said she had a phone number for me to call. She fumbled around alittle, and mumbeled the word "Autism". I smiled and thanked her, and talked a bit, and she seemed relieved. I guess one of the reasons doctors are slow to recommend Early Intervention is because the parents don't take it too well. She opened right up, telling me about her concerns with Anastasias development. Oh how I wish I had found her when Anastasia was a baby!
So I've been calling the number every few hours a day for 3 days, and left my name and number once a day. Maybe they'll get sick of all the phone calls and actually call me back some time this month :P


!~~~~-*-~~~~!


Anyway. I made a few more outfits! With our children battling colds and their first ear infections, I've had no time to post.

I made the kids matching St.Patties Day outfits!
I painted shamrocks, and made Princess a skirt using and altering  
this wonderful tutorial.
The monkey is Nicolai's "Baby".

My sister in law and her husband are moving from Vegas to Hawaii. For the farewell party, I made Anastasia a sundress.

It was supposed to come out more Hawaiian like, but ended up more spring-like. My machine wont shirr correctly so I had to do it by hand.
It also may be featured in Sew, Mama, Sew! sometime soon!
My hours of work led to her sticking her feet through the neck (while wearing it) and stretching the threading 'till they ripped. So she ended up borrowing her cousins dress. Thanks Aunt Kathleen!

And this is what Nicolai wore.

It means, "We'll miss you."

Did I mention I got a Silhouette machine? Because I did! The hubby got it for me with his tax return!
So I found a turtle online and cut it out to make this...

I'm not the grass-skirt, colorful lei, flowery shirt wearing type, so the turtle was perfect.
If I had time i'd of stuck an "Aloha" in there somewhere.

!~~~~-*-~~~~!




Also got a macro extention tube set. It's a ton more work than a macro lens, but only costed $15.




The tubes create too much blur for my taste.



Well then. I guess I'm off to nap with the little ones!



"Nie-night".



So what have you been up to the past month and a half?
Do you know anyone with Autism, or any other disorder? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment