Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Mama Wears The Pants In The Family

I really do. I tried the submissive wives thing, but I think we're more happier as family when I'm wearing the pants. In certain situations, I will take them off and let the hubby wear them for a while, but most of the time they're mine. Maybe it's because he likes to let our 2year old wear them.
Anyway. I have serious issues with clothes shopping. Nothing ever fits. Rarely is it ever too long (I like my clothes nice and long), and I usually walk out of the store with perfect pants every time. It's when they hit the washer and shrink that tiny 12% that the problems begin. Then they're much too short and squeeze me in places I don't want to be squeezed.
So, I made my first pair of pants, for myself! This has got to be the most comfortable article of clothing I have ever tried on. And the beauty of it? They costed $8. Walmart had "damaged" jersey-knit sheets on sale for $15, then on sale for $8. I have always wondered why anyone would hate working with knits, and I still have no clue. They don't fray, and are oh-so-comfortable!
Here they are.



Excuse my love-handles. And the fact that I hate ironing.
Ya know, these were SO much more easy to make than toddler pants? If you're like me and just starting out, I recommend making a few pairs of pants for yourself before you start baby, toddler, or kids pants. These took all of 20 minutes! Toddler pants can take me up to 45 minutes. Maybe it's that I actually had a cooperative model. No, I think it's just easier.
My favorite part about them is my white thread. I LOVE contrasting stitching. And it's the only color I had left...



I have a shirt in the making too. Along with countless other toddler projects >__>
I'll be embellishing them tomorrow. And searching Walmart for more sheets!

Coming soon...I'm making my son one of these, and my daughter a St.Patties Day skirt. Maybe I can convince the hubby that I need a Silhouette Machine when his tax return gets here.

 

What is your favorite material and things to make?
Do you like working with knits? Why or why not?
Are you hoping for some presents when the tax return comes in?




Much love to you and yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment