Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Vegas Sunset


Tonight I did something that I haven't done since I left Ohio when I was 18. I used to sit outside and it would re-set me. My mom would be screaming her head off at her boyfriend and my sister, and I would go for a late-night walk just to have some peace. Despite all the family chaos, I was very at peace back then. Now that I'm 21 and free from that life, it seems like my life is more chaotic. Tonight, my sick 2 1/2 year old asked me to tuck her in, so I did. Then I took the rocking chair and our sick 1 1/2 year old to the front porch and we watched the planes take off into the sunset. It was lovely. The first moment of peace I have felt in a long time.
When you're down with the stomach flu, and your two toddlers get it as well, and you haven't had a decent nights sleep in almost 3 years, and the past few days have been nothing but cleaning up the runs and throw up, go outside for a moment. Take a deep breath and just look to the sky. It helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment