Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sugar Facial, from my husband!

My husband is into the whole healthy eating, exercise, take-care-of-your-body thing. Last night he actually made and gave me a Sugar Facial! Isn't he awesome?




Ingredients

  • Small sponge (we took a big cleaning sponge and cut a small piece from it)
  • Your daily face-soap (to remove loose grime)
  • 1 teaspoon of Sugar (adds grainy-ness to help scrub, and conditions skin)
  • 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder

Directions


*Wash face as normal.
*Mix the teaspoon of sugar, and the teaspoon of Baking Powder in with two teaspoons of water.
*Dip sponge into mixture and gently work in small circles on and around forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin. Be cafeful to stay away from lips and eyes.
Use as often as you want, not exceeding three times a day.


The Mr. was so gentle and professional, I fealt like I was in a spa. Normally my skin is back to being it's oily self within a few hours after washing, but it felt clean all the way to mid-day today. After just one application, the red-ness in my cheeks has faded and it almost looked like I had foundation on.
Well... I'm off to make some more!


What are some of your favorite home-made beauty recipes?


No comments:

Post a Comment